Happy Diwali to all my loving friends!!
Diwali is a festival of lights, crackers, sweets, snacks and full of positivity and togetherness.
So here I am with a sweet recipe which you can easily cook and serve to all your guests.
Ingredients for Chandrakala:
- Refined flour (maida) - 4 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt, a pinch
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Khoya - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Semolina (suji) - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cup
Let's follow the steps:
- Take a deep bowl, sieve refined flour, baking powder and salt. Pour oil and mix well. Pour little amount of water and start kneading a tight dough.
- Once done, cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside.
- Take a small amount of dough, divide it in equal small parts. And roll it in small size roti.
- Put stuffing in the centre of the roti; fold it and bring the edges together.
- Tightly press on the edges so that the stuffing is secured in the center.
- Now make design on the edges.
- Heat oil in a pan, and deep fry.
- Once all the chandrakalas are golden brown, take them out and dip them in sugar syrup.
- Chandrakala is ready!!!
- How to make khoya- take 1/2 ltr milk, keep boiling the milk till it thickens.
- Add sugar - 4 tbsp and stir. Khoya is ready once milk gets thick and dry.
- Take a pan, put ghee and lightly fry the semolina till light brown.
- Now mix khoya, suji, and powdered sugar. Stuffing is ready.
- Take 1 cup of sugar and 2 cup water.
- Boil the mixture in a sauce pan.
- After 10 minutes, take a small drop of the syrup on one finger, and press it to check if single string is formed.
- Syrup is ready.